Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Official Stats


I won't be the parent that posts a thousand pictures of their kids and it all seems like the same picture just a different angle. We've received several comments from people who didn't think the boys are that small. The finger you see is Jess' pinkie compared to Ethan's arm. He's tiny yet absolutely adorable. I had the opportunity to speak to his night nurse about his health. He's doing extremely well and is being feisty. She suspects he will spend about 8 weeks in the NICU but of course that's all up to him. He will be allowed to go home when he maintains about 5lbs and can control his body temperature.

So I kind of feel like a bad dad. Up until just recently I didn't even know the official stats of our boys. Secondly, there was so much going on I got a few of the important details mixed up. Now that I know what the stats are I thought I'd share them with everyone.





5 comments:

Kara said...

You weren't being a bad dad, you were being an AWESOME one by running around making sure everyone was OK!! They are BEAUTIFUL babies! They'll hit 5 pounds before you know it and they'll be home, making you wonder what you ever did with a quiet house. :)

Jami said...

Oh My Goodness! How tiny! Congrats you guys! I love you all and can't wait to meet the boys. :)

Elizabeth said...

YOU ARE NOT A BAD DAD! Not only did you have THREE, yes, THREE, babies come into the world yesterday, your beautiful wife also went through major surgery. You became the soul caretaker of four people that are about as helpless as can be! If you weren't worried about the exact minute or half an ounce yesterday, I would say GOOD! You had way too much else going on! Take care of your precious family and we are praying for you all. And PLEASE, post more of the same pictures from different angles. We love the comparision pics. I wish I had taken tons more!!!

S + J =B, D, P & W said...

Thanks Jess. We wont know for sure the extent of how well this worked until I am back to full diet...that could and will take about 8 weeks, but so far so good, i feel a whole lot better already! we will keep praying for you and the boys- so tiny and cute!! tell james its okay to be a parent that takes a thousand pics, i personally would like to see some faces!! we love you congratulations again!! and hey wasn't that good timing that we got those cakes to you!!
-the soesbe's

Lee Ann said...

It is so sad to see how small they are. I'll be praying for quick growth and healthy normal growth of all of their functions. We are praying for you two (the parents) as well.