Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good Progress Today

So, I'll start with some pictures. Yesterday, Great Grandpa Dickey got to go and visit the boys for a while. He was absolutely thrilled. This was also their 2 week birthday! I introduced him to Alex first.


We then went to meet Ethan. I had to rotate Ethan so Grandpa could see his face so I just got him up and let Grandpa hold him for a few minutes. It's hard to hold in the isolette, but we didn't really have time to get him out, and it wasn't his care time.





We then went to Grant. Grandpa got to help do his care time. As he was changing Grant's diaper, he peed all over. We went through an extra diaper and had to change some of his bedding! It was quite funny to watch, but Grandpa said he had been through 5 children of his own so it wasn't his first time being peed on! I laughed.




As for the boys today, we had an eventful day.

Alex's feeding has been increased. He went from 2ml of breastmilk to 4ml today. He was also cut down on his oxygen that he was needing. Yeah Alex!!! As of last night, he weighed 2lbs 12oz.

Grant was taken off the oxygen all together today!!! He is now just breathing room air. That is exciting! His feeding has not been increased yet, but they might increase it tomorrow. Last night he weighed 3lbs 10oz.

Ethan started "eating" again today. He gets 1ml per feeding. They are going to keep a close eye on this and see if his bowels react the same as last time or if they actually start working correctly with the breastmilk. I hope and pray that he stays well and can actually "eat" now. Over the past couple of days he has been retaining fluid for some reason. He gained quite a bit of "water weight" over the 2 days and looked pretty puffy this morning. They gave him some medicine to help him yesterday and today and he is peeing a lot more now. That is helping him lose the puffiness.

As for me, I had my 2 week post-partum doctors appointment on Wednesday and everything is healing well. They said the incesion looks pretty good for having triplets!! I guess, if a big ol' scar can look pretty good.

James (of course we can't forget Daddy) is doing well. He is working and maintaining our household and helping with the boys. I don't know how he does it without totally wearing out. (Actually, I know it's partly cause his mom is here, but I'll talk about that in a second.) He gets up and goes to see the boys before he goes to work. He works, then possibly goes back to the hospital, or comes home and gets me to go back to the hospital. He is hardly at home lately. But he is wonderful!!!

James' mom, Peggy, has been a WONDERFUL help around here!! She came in before the boys were born and has been here ever since. I am sure she has run herself ragged. She has been going to see the boys twice a day also. She goes to the care times that James and/or I cannot make. She has also been doing our laundry, cooking dinner, and cleaning the house. She has been such a good person to have around. I don't know how James and I will do it when she leaves, but we'll make it. James' parents both will be back in October anyway to help us with boys.

Well, I suppose that is all for now. I'll try to get more pictures tomorrow (especially since you can see Grant without the oxygen tube). Ta ta for now.

Love,
Jessica

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi it's Melissa aka Cash-n-Zoe. I've been reading your blog for a while now but haven't commented yet. I am so thrilled that your boy are doing so well. I love that they peed on great grandpa. Too sweet!

Anonymous said...

Prayers for all of you are constant. Prayers of thanksgiving for loving and wonderful parents like James and Jessica, for supportive family members and friends, for monumental steps of growth (no matter how small - they are all huge in these precious little lives), for healing and health for all of you, and for peace of mind and rest for weary bodies and minds!! You are on an amazing journey and God is holding you all firmly in the palm of grace and mercy that can only come from our precious giver of life!

I love all of you and will see you in a few days!
Aunt Mimi

Kara said...

Jessica, your grandpa looks so in AWE! Awesome pictures to have. YAY, Grant for being off oxygen! That's HUGE step!! Praying that Ethan can tolerate the milk and can start growing. Glad they got this water weight taken care of a little bit. And good for Alex to keep on truckin'- you guys are doing a great job!!

Krismisstree said...

Sounds like they are doing so well, Jessica! Be proud of your boys! We will continue to keep them in our prayers, especially Ethan. I am glad you are doing better so you can go back and see them too!!!

Carrie said...

Praise God for Grant's progress! We will keep praying for little Ethan's tummy troubles. I'm so happy that Alex is eating even more! You two are great parents already. Please know that you and the boys remain in our prayers. I can't wait to see them as they keep growing big and strong!

Anonymous said...

YAY! we are so happy for you guys. i am so glad everyone is doing well. I'm sure it will take ethan's body a while to figure life out on the outside, but he's doing great for being so small. You're doin wonderful to Jess, just keep following your mom instincts they are rarely wrong! we love you and continue to pray for you and the boys. all our love, the soesbe clan

Anonymous said...

Jess- I'm so glad to hear the boys are doing good. You're doing wonderful as a mother and I can't wait to meet you three beautiful sons. Congrats to you and James again and you and the boys are in my thoughts daily. I pray for health and safety for all of you. Love, Jenni

The Holzwarth's said...

Wow what an exciting day!! So happy to hear they are all doing better each day! We are still praying for all of you!