Tuesday, June 2, 2009

20 Weeks and all the happenings in the Fischer household

James and I are so excited to be 20 weeks along now! Things are starting to come together. James painted the nursery. It is a beautiful tan color that will go with anything. We set up a port-a-crib that we got from our church. It will actually go in our bedroom in case one of the boys gets fussy.

My parents also bought us a really nice crib that James couldn't wait to set up. He also moved a dresser and mirror from our guest room into the nursery. All the woods don't match, but we are working with what we've got.

We have registered for some really, really cute bumpers and blankets for the boys at Target. They are blue, brown, and a few other colors. They are soooooooo cute. One of them is even camo!! (My brother would love it!!) There are three different bumpers that all coordinate together! We will eventually have 3 full sized cribs for each of them, so we thought we would coordinate since they will be in the same room.



We also have registered at Babies-R-Us. There is lots of good stuff out there and I think we have found what we want at both those places. Then again, if you see something that we are missing let me know.


We also put a changing table in the loft. We will have one there and one on the main level in the living room. We also got these from our church! They are so nice and we will have baskets full of stuff on the shelves. In this picture, it was just junk that had to have a place.




So, James' parents came to visit over Memorial Day weekend and Larry did a bunch of work around the house for us. He istalled the fan in the nursery, put up a bunch of shelves and patched the hole I put in the garage wall. Peggy helped with dishes, cooking and laundry. We had a full closet for the first time in a long time! It was so nice to have them here. We didn't get any pictures. Oh well. Next time!


So, I suppose I should probably let you know what is going on with our boys! Well, we don't really know a lot more than our last post. I know that I can feel them kick and punch quite a bit. Not all the time though, and that bugs me. I am sure it will just be a matter of time before I am feeling it consistantly.


I am getting HUGE!!! James also commented today that my face is looking a little "puffy." I didn't realize that it was until about 7:00, so it might be just the evening time.

We have another appoinment this coming Friday, June 5. It is a growth check for all three and a fluid check for the twins. I can't wait to see them all again!


My aunt Tina came down last Saturday and flew to Washington DC on Sunday morning. She surprised her boys with the trip. It was fun to be a part of the ruse!


Anyway, we told her that we go see a doctor at Presbyterian/St.Luke's hospital. She actually gave birth there to her twins that had the twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome. Jeromy and Jacob were born (i think) 10 years ago, although Jeromy is the surviving twin. I asked her who her doctor was, and it turns out that her doctor(s) are the same as the doctors we have. I have heard nothing but good things about these doctors not only from Tina, but from a few others that have had Dr. Porecco and the others. That makes me feel good.


Well, it is time for me to get some sleep. Yeah for sleep!!! I need it. I was up ever hour last night, so hopefully I sleep better tonight. Good night, ya'll!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Don't worry. You won't ever feel them constantly. They have rest times too... even more cause they are growing tiny babies! But, you will start to notice "active" times of day and that will be fun. Can you tell them apart yet when they move? I can't believe you aren't naming them individually yet so you can start calling them by name! :D That was fun for us.

Kara said...

It had to have been more than 10 years ago- I remember Marie bringing diapers in to show us how teeny tiny he was!! And I've been out of school for 11 years now. (Holy crap, that sounds like a lot.)

Nursery looks great! I love your new crib- ours is almost the same except for a closed back. You'll like the one you have better, you can tie the bumper on! We couldn't, because there were no slats, and that drove me nuts.

You look great too!! I was always the most puffy EVERYWHERE (face and belly included) at night.

Donna said...

Jessica you look wonderful. Your house is coming together and no doubt will end up being quite chaotic once they are all home anyway. No need to matter what everything looks like as long as you have a place for them to sleep. Can't wait to start buying things. Keep Healthy.
Love you, Donna

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful!! I'm glad that you have new information on here. I can't wait every day to sit down and read it! I think you look wonderful and I can't wait to be in Denver to help you too! Save something for me James ... I can do the laundry and maybe get some meals ready for you so all you have to do is heat them up. :) Just let me know! Can't wait for Friday ... maybe we'll get to see new pictures too. :)

Love You All!!!

Aunt Mimi

Krismisstree said...

Don't know how I missed this post! I love reading about all 5 of you. Keep healthy, keep happy!