Thursday, June 11, 2009

June Snow (ok...hail) Storm!!

Once the Magic/Lakers game finished overtime tonight, I took off to bed. However, I would not quite make it. I got upstairs and saw a wonderful lightening show taking place a nice distance from our house. I haven't seen a good light show in a long time, so I thought I would lay on the guest room bed and watch the storm for a while.

Well, it moved in FAST!! James had luckily seen the radar and pulled my Expedition in to the garage and secured everything in the backyard just in time!

It started POURING!!! Soon, we couldn't even see across the street. Then, came the HAIL! I have never heard hail like that before. I couldn't even hear myself think. I quickly got away from the window and ran around the house trying to find James. He was at our front door taking video of the storm. He couldn't hear me yell at him from the top of our stairs. It was BAD!!

It finally completed "snowing" and I grabbed my camera. This is the scene immediately after the storm! (James' car was out in it, but didn't get damaged.)

Look at how much hail is piled up against the house! I would say it was about 1 1/2 to 2 inches deep! (And COLD!!)


This was the street! As I walked down the driveway to take the shot I put a foot on the hail in the driveway and it slipped. The hail had all melted quickly together to make a sheet of ice!

Jet LOVED the cold water though! We couldn't keep him in the house once he thought it was winter again!!



We had a river running down our street. It was quite interesting. Jet ran up and down the river trying to catch the floating ice! It was fun to watch.

My tomato plants took a bit of a beating, but the tomatos themselves look like they will be fine. The plants just lost a couple of leaves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were up pretty late but that can't be helped when a good storm rolls through. You are truly our daughter.:) It is a good thing you can sleep in this morning. It is also good the hail didn't do too much damage.

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! I heard that they were expecting some sever weather in Denver last night, but I went to bed and didn't look at the television to see what was going on. Amazing! We are in our second week of less than 60 degree weather. I am about ready for summer. :)

Love you!

Aunt Mimi

Jami said...

You defiantly have had your share of severe weather the past few weeks. Sounds like we just missed some tornados and hail on Sunday between Wheatland and Chugwater. We were just north of the storms as they went through. Crazy. I am ready for summer too!