Friday, August 22, 2008

2 down... who knows how many more to go!

Yes, the heading means 2 mice!

When I got home last night at 7:30 James and I immediatly went to Home Depot to get some mouse traps. We got home and got to setting them and realized that there was a lot more evidence of more than 1 rodent. So, at 10:00 we went to Walmart and got a few more traps.

We now have poisen set out, the traditional traps, and some sticky traps. So far, the sticky traps are working the best. (By the way, the poisen is out of reach for Jet.)

Once we finished putting the traps out at 11:00 pm, we sat down to watch the news after the Olympics. As we were sitting here we heard this sound of plastic on plastic! Weird sound, but then Jet looked into the kitchen and we realized we had caught one!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!! It had come out from behind the dishwasher, the only appliance/furniture we hadn't moved.

James disposed of it and we went to bed. I slept very very well. I guess when James was getting ready for work this morning he went into the kitchen and the sticky pad we had replaced had another mouse on it!! HOW EXCITING!!!! It is working.
Ok, so it is kinda disgusting, but it is working. We are leaving the traps for a while to make sure that we don't get any more.
I think I figured out why all of the sudden we have mice. We have a fire pit in the backyard and about a month ago my brother brought a bunch of wood down to us. Well, I have seen a couple of mice hiding out in the woodpile, and that was the first time I had seen mice around here. So I am sure that is why we have them. They came inside-possibly through the dog door- but we are going to look for a hole behind the dishwasher.
So that is my update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a word of advice. If a mouse eats the poisen and dies, then Jet eats it, it can be passed and harm him. So, hopefully the mice die somewhere far away from your house, but keep that in mind if Jet ever shows signs of being sick. Sorry about the mouse infestation and glad the traps are working!