Thursday, September 13, 2007

Being Blessed & Counting My Blessings

Being blessed? What does it mean to you? Many people find blessings in everything they do. I have to say that my greatest blessing lately has been being accepted into this position with the ABCRM. Things happened perfectly for me to find this job. It was like God knew that I needed a change, and that change came in the form of this new job. Events worked out to show me that this place is where I needed to be.

I am very blessed that my parents do not live too far away from me. I miss having all of my family around me and being here in Denver is difficult. However, my parents, mostly my mom, come down here from Gillette a lot, so it is not as bad as it could be. I was asked by my sister the other day why I had not moved to Sioux Falls. I told her I don’t know. I do know this though, if we were in Sioux Falls, I would not have this job and I would not be as blessed as I am right now.

My next blessing that I can count right now is my husband. I cannot count how many times he has been there for me, helped me, cared for me, and just loved me. Our lives can be hectic and difficult at times, but I am so blessed to have him as my partner.

Our church is another great blessing for me. I really believe if we had not found Calvary, we would not be where we are today. I am positive of that fact. We are so busy with the church, it is our social life. We don’t have a bible study or something to go to yet, but we are so busy with choir, bells, committees and services that anything else would have to be squeezed into our “quality” time together. But, that may be a good thing. I think it would help James and I both individually and as a couple to have a bible study to go to.

Anyway, I have found blessings in other places too. God has decided to either say no, or wait, on many things I have been praying for. He just does not think the timing is right. I understand, and I am trying to maintain patience. That is the one thing that I am not overly blessed with. But I will get there and everything will be ok eventually.

Yesterday I was asked if I was angry at God when my brother died. When I think back now I do not recall being angry (this is leading to a blessing, stay with me). I did recall being extremely angry with myself. I know I was not the best sister in the world. I can’t even say that I tried to be a good sister. But I don’t remember being angry with God. My reasoning to my questioner yesterday was that I have always believed that everything is done in God’s timing. He will let us know what He wants from us and others when He wants to. If he decides to take someone away from us, then He wants them with Him, or has bigger and better things for them. I understood when Tim died that God had been preparing him to go home. He had started going back to church and had been able to see all the family a week before he died. I trust that he is with God and with my family members that have gone before us.

My blessing out of all of that is the blessing of trust in God. I don’t know why, but I have a great trust that God will do what is best for everyone and do the things that He decides are right. I have had to. My life has had too many ups and downs and good and bad things happen. I trust that God knows what is right and good. James surely has a very hard time putting trust in God. He wrote a devotional for me to post for work this past week and he talks about this very topic. He talks about how we moved down here with just our savings and our faith. Eventually we have made out great. Starting out though, you could have popped James with a fork because he was so inflated with stress (bad analogy I know). He did not trust that God would take care of us and help us like I did. I remember almost every night when we would lay down to sleep, he would roll over and look at me and tell me he was stressed. I would tell him to let it go and let God take control. He eventually did and go a job within 3 days. God works in mysterious ways, but all we have to do it trust that He will keep us.

Now, I know everything will not always be so perfect. I know that God will bless us in different ways. He may tell us No, and make us go somewhere else then where we want to go. I know from a fact that He will tell us to “Wait, I don’t want you to have this yet.” But in time He will give us what we need and even what our hearts desire. Unconditional trust in God is what we need.
Now, I know that I have not put down all my blessings, but I would run out of memory and room on my computer if I was to do that. So I am going to sign off by saying this. Please, do all you can to trust in God. Trust that He is going to do what is good for you in your life. Trials and tribulations are all a part of growth and will help you to trust that He knows what is best for you. I hope you take that to heart. Gods timing is perfect. He knows you and knows what is best. I hope that God will bless you today and everyday. You must look to Him and trust in Him.

God bless!

No comments: