Wednesday, September 26, 2007

2 lbs down to start out with

So I started Weight Watchers last week. I weighed myself this week and I am at 260 now. I have lost 2 pounds. Not as much as I would have liked, but I guess I have to start somewhere.

I am having a hard time getting the correct foods to eat. I haven't really changed the way I eat, but I have changed how much I eat. I am not getting enough fruit and veggies. It is kind of hard to get those when they are so expensive and go bad so fast. It is hard to buy these foods when you don't have money to spend on anything. When I have been going grocery shopping I am buying the healthy foods, but I haven't been able to go grocery shopping this week because we are out of money. I didn't get enough to last me for 2 weeks the last time I went shopping. O well, I will be able to go shopping on Friday and get good food.

I have also decided to lay off the pop! I was drinking about 2-4 cans of Pepsi a day and now I am trying to not have any. I have been drinking tea instead for my caffeine pick me up. It is good, and I am really not craving pop. There are just so many empty calories in pop. I have made a packed with my sister that we won't have pop unless it is Saturday. Well, I broke that yesterday. I went out to eat with a group from work. I had been drinking tea all day and wanted something different than tea or water, so I got a Dr. Pepper. I didn't drink too much. I guess Elizabeth also drank pop too though. We are going to try and do the pop only once a week thing though.

Well, I hope I can keep up with this. I have heard good things, and so far so good for me.

1 comment:

enebelsick said...

Hang in there... good job with the pop. I've been good since the last time I talked to you, but I'm feeling weak because of our drive across SD to WY. I always want caffiene when I drive. And it will be late. Hopefully not drinking as much pop will help a little with your budget. Baby carrots are great to get because they are cheap, last a little longer and are a quick snack for when you are craving a crunch. My pastor showed me a yummy way to eat them... because I love spice and crunch... dip them in a little cayenne pepper sauce. It was actually really good. We also keep a bowl of already washed grapes in the fridge and I never feel guilty about snacking on those. I'm reading a book I got from the library... it's really good too. It's called "The Weigh Down Diet" and it focuses on God's perspective about losing weight. I'm just getting in to it but I already think of it when I'm planning food. You could see if your local library has it. It's a little older, but still good. Well, gotta get to school! Ttyl