Tuesday, September 9, 2008

(4th posts today) Update on my weekend!!

So, I went to Gillette on Thursday night. I had to go pick up Jet from my aunt and uncle's house. He stayed there over Labor day while James and I were in ND. I was also recruited by Marie to work (aka score) the high school volleyball tournament that was held there all weekend.

It was interesting. I must say that volleyball confuses me! When I learned how to play you had 6 people on the court and you rotated depending on side-outs and servers. If you wanted to, you could sub players in. Nowadays they have something that is called a "libero." I dont even know if I can explain what they do, other than run in and out like a sub, except you don't count it like a sub, and they can only go in for one person, and if they serve, they can only serve in that spot. It is extremely confusing! As a scorer you have to mark down everything they do and every time they go in and who they go in for, along with doing the regular subs and keeping track of side-outs and score!

I did that for 2 days!! Friday I got there at 8:00 am and didn't leave till 7:30 am. I had scored 12 games. 6 JV games (which are 2 matches a piece) and 6 Varsity games (best out of 3 matches- or games... i am never sure on which is which). Then on Saturday I got there at 8:30 am and left at 3. I had to drive back here to Denver that night. That was a LONG day. But Jet is back home and we are all good.

It was good to see my parents, Marie, and I got to see my friend Jami who is pregnant. (brandonandjamicone.blogspot.com). It was a quick trip, and I wish I could have gotten to see more people, but I had to be home for church on Sunday. I had to lead the praise songs and read scripture.

On Sunday we helped our friends move into their new house, behind our house. It was fun, and really not that hard. I usually hate moving myself, but I don't mind helping others move. I guess it is that I don't have to worry about putting stuff away!

Ok, so this is long enough... I'll let you read my other posts for today, so scroll down to find them! :o) I hope you are having a wonderful day!!

No comments: