Saturday, July 18, 2009

Who knew a pregnant lady on bedrest could be so busy!!

I can't believe how busy they keep me in this place. Seriously, I hardly have time for naps during the day (but of course I am still getting into the routine of things, and naps will come as they are needed.)Here is a typical day (weekday) for me.

Wake around 7. Order breakfast. Check emails and internet while waiting for food to arrive. Eat breakfast around 8. Around 8:30 nurse and NP come in to check on me and hook me to the monitor to monitor the babies for an hour. (The process of finding all three usually takes around 1/2 hr to 45 mins!) Go "swimming" at 10. (Its really just a warm therapy pool, but we can float and have some social time with the other preggy ladies.)

11 out of pool. 11:15 order lunch. Maybe get a nap in before lunch gets to my room around 12. Eat lunch. Check emails and play on computer for a little while, try to work some. About 1:30 nurse comes in to hook up monitor for hour again. Go to pool at 3. Get done at 4, shower and figure out if dinner is being brought in for me from James or if I need to order dinner. Dinner at 5 or 6ish. Then I have about 2 hours to socialize with visitors, James or to just be here and do what I want.

About 8:30 nurse comes in again to check on me and hook up to the monitors for the 3rd and final time for the day (again for an hour once they find all three babies.) Then when monitoring is done, medications, and its usually time for me to sleep!!


I seriously did not think things would be this busy. I am either in bed or in the pool. But even in bed, I have a lot going on around and to me.

And things are looking good so far. Baby C is holding his own right now (pray that he still does and grows for the next at minimum 4 weeks!!) The other two are doing well also, still kicking and squirming. I am doing fine now that I have a new bed and a bar over it to help me get up and down (they call it a trapeze.) I'll have James take some pictures some time soon so you all can get the idea of the contraption that is over my bed! :)

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. You are all wonderful! God can do great things if we just lean on Him for support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess and James,

What an exciting time for you both! We have a mutual friend who I believe has been in contact with you, Heidi Galer (Anderson). I am one of the triplets from South Dakota. Heidi and my sisters and I grew up together in South Dakota. When she told me about you and that you were pregnant with triplets, we have been wanting to get in touch with you and connect.

I think Heidi was going to get you our contact information. I know it is a very busy time for you both, but we would love to talk with you! You are in our thoughts and prayers as you get ready for the blessings times three!

God Bless!
Sarah

Friar Tuck said...

Hope you're babies are getting stronger every day!!

Krismisstree said...

I am glad to hear there is a 'routine' and that you are getting in a schedule. I actually like hospital food :) And the fact that you can order room service and they bring it right too you!

Also glad you have a trapeeze, preggy mamas to keep you company, and a nicer bed. Not to mention a husband who is probably frazzled to the max taking care of home, dog, work, and Wife and Babies!!

We will continue to pray for you and are glad that things are looking up. Sounds like a 4 week 'vacation at the spa'...daily tub sessions, room service, TV at your beck and call...just forget the baby part. And no daily massages.

:)

Anyway keep your chin up, your eyes and heart focused on God, and your outlook so positive! It's all working!!