Monday, July 20, 2009

Ahhh... a Bit of Fresh Air!!

Check this out!

Isn't that a pretty picture?! That is the view outside my window tonight. The view from my bed. It is so peaceful and nice that I get a very nice view. (The flowers on the left are from James, Grant, Alex, and Ethan, and the ones on the right are from my boss, Karen.)

I would go crazy if I had to look the other way. The other way has just 2 really tall buildings right across the street. This is one of the rooms with the best view. See?

I am glad that is what I see on days like today.

Well, here is an update! I am 27 weeks today!! WHOOOO HOOO!! Another step closer! As for the babies- Their monitoring looked really good today. We had to get the ultrasound out this morning to make sure that we were getting all three babies on the monitors and we found that Baby B was laying on top of C. We had to do some wrangling to get all three on the monitors without overlapping, but we got it.

Then for the afternoon monitoring, Baby C had rolled as far away from his brothers as he could. It was interesting that he was not even near the same spot he had been just a couple of hours before. Oh well, shows he is still grooving in there!

Mommy didn't have as much of a good day. Yesterday I was notified that I had a little to much protein in my urine so we had to do a 24 hour analysis. That came back this afternoon and I still have protein in there. So, I have the beginnings of pre-eclampsia. This is such a mild case right now that all they are doing is observing and going to do another 24 hr analysis in about 3-4 days. I do have a bit of high blood pressure, but even that keeps changing, so they aren't extremely worried about it right now.

If the pre-eclampsia progresses it could mean that we would have to deliver the babies early. But right now, that is not likely. They are doing everything they can to keep me from developing it worse.

On another note, they are starting me on Heprin to keep me from getting blood clots. Since I am a bigger woman, on bedrest, and pregnant with triplets, I have a much higher chance of getting blood clots than others. So they will start the Heprin shot (2 times a day) tonight. I also have these compression things that are on my legs (they feel like a massage, kinda nice) that help the blood flow too.

So, I really know that I am in the best place possible. As much as it is hard to be here and not at home, I know I need to be here for my health and the health of the babies.

One exciting note!! I got wheelchair privileges today!!!! That means when James, or my mom (or whomever I deam) comes to visit, if I am just itching to get outside, I can go on a 20 minute wheel chair ride outside or around the building! James took me on my first one today. We went outside and he tried to walk along the sidewalk but the bumps from the splits in the sidewalk started irritating me. So we went across the street to a nice little courtyard and just sat out there and talked. It was a wonderful little bit of fresh air. (I get to do it 2 times a day if I want, but only with nurse approval!)

Please keep those prayers going up to God! We still are in need of the miracles only God can provide! Thank you to all of you for the thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Jessica (and Grant, Alex, and Ethan)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweety! Your doing great, just hang on a little longer. James and I will be back in Denver on August 3rd if its okay I think we will be leaving early enough that we can swing in and see you, if you're up for company then. Just send a reply back if you are! TTYL PS. we are praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
I want you to know that I have
been praying for you, James and your babies since we first heard the wonderful news of triplets, I
just hadn't "commented" on your blog. We are so excited for you!
It was fun to have your mom, dad, Grandpa Dickey and Donna here
with us for a short while. They
told us how much you wanted to be
here, too, but certainly understand
why that was not possible!! :-)
I will continue to pray for your
health and the safety of your
precious boys.
Love and prayers,
Nancy H.