Thursday, May 14, 2009

Halfway Point


So, I know we are not technically to 18 weeks yet (and that is half of 36) but I don't figure I will get that far! I hope I do, but being realistic, I don't think I will.

Therefore, I am at 17 weeks and 3 days today. (Double that and its 34w6d, or basically 35w.)

I am not feeling well this week. My head is stuffy, and I have been having some horrible ligament pain (round ligament pain if you want to google it). The babies are growing fast, therefore I am growing too!! You may be able to see it in this weeks picture, but I don't. I got a comment from a friend last night that I am looking very pointy! I guess you just have to see me in person to understand that.
From the ultrasound last week, the babes were all crammed together fairly low. They are all still residing lower than my bellybutton, which in this picture is at about the white line (on my shirt) mid belly. I guess I just have to get used to them all being crammed together, because that is what they will be for the rest of the time!
James got to "feel" the babies last night. I laid on my back and he felt around my belly and could feel 2 of the little bodies. We can't see them kick or move yet, but I can feel them. I don't know if James can yet. We have tried, but they get shy when daddy wants to feel!
I think James finally... FINALLY... let the cat out of the bag at his office. He had only told his boss and 2 people and told them to keep quiet about it. Yesterday, he told one of the two that they could start telling people. So, we'll see how excited people are here in a couple of days once word gets around!
We had a wonderful weekend for Mother's Day weekend. We took a short trip to Fort Collins and stayed at the Ft.Collins Marriott. It was really nice. We spent 3 hours Saturday night in the pool and then another hour on Sunday morning. It felt so good to get the weight off of me. I floated and just sat around in the pool the whole time. No strenuous swimming for me. When I would go to get out, I would feel about 500 lbs. I loved it and am going to get permission from my dr/nurse to be able to swim a lot more this summer.
We also had a wonderful evening Saturday night at the hotel. We had tried going out to dinner, but the places we went to were dives and we didn't stay. James suggested that we just go back to the hotel and eat at their restaurant. It was actually the best food we could have had. Plus, it was not noisy and crowded. It was really, really nice!
Sunday morning we had room service delivered early. Because if I don't eat within 30 minutes of waking up, I feel really nauseous. Then at 11:30 we checked out and had brunch (basically lunch) there at the hotel. They were doing a special Mother's Day brunch. It was nice, but not a whole lot of selection.
So, enough of my ramblings. I'll update you next week when/if we find out what the singleton is!! So long for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking great! I'll bet it did feel good to get in the pool. What a great weekend for the two of you. So none of James' co-workers knew you were expecting? Oh gracious ... they are going to be shocked with the specific news. :) I'm sad you won't be in SD/IA this next weekend with all of us, but that just gives me reason to get done with school and come visit. :)

Love you All!!

Aunt Mimi

Anonymous said...

Looking great! I'll bet it did feel good to get in the pool. What a great weekend for the two of you. So none of James' co-workers knew you were expecting? Oh gracious ... they are going to be shocked with the specific news. :) I'm sad you won't be in SD/IA this next weekend with all of us, but that just gives me reason to get done with school and come visit. :)

Love you All!!

Aunt Mimi