Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Laying Down on the Job!

Doctor's orders: "You must lay down to get the weight off of your cervix, three times a day for an hour at a time! Is that going to be possible while you are at work?"

"Sure!" I say, not knowing how difficult it really would be!

Six days later (aka yesterday, Tuesday, March 31) I get my first chance to try the 3 times a day while at work. It didn't work as well as I would have liked. James and I figured that if I laid down at 10:00, 2:00 and 6:00 I would be fine. HA! Yeah right.

I came in to work yesterday intent on making my three times of FOYB (Flat on your back as we call it at camp). I only got one. I was working so hard at getting my newsletter put together and sent out that I completely spaced my morning FOYB. I went to lunch then I forced myself to lay down at 1:00.

I accidentally fell asleep for probably 15 minutes! I suppose that is ok, but I was still working. Anyway, I had a meeting for camp in Colorado Springs that evening, so I also missed my evening FOYB!

Once I returned home, at a late late 9:00, I was tired and told James that I had only 1 FOYB time. He scolded me and said "Do you want to end up on bed rest?" Of course not, but it is just annoying to get the time flat. He made me lay down on the couch once I got home. Well, that lasted a whole 45 minutes before I had to go up to bed. I got good sleep though.

So, I managed to get my first hour of FOYB this morning at work. Hopefully I can get my second around 2:00. We'll see. My boss seems pretty intent on making me take that time so I think I will get it.

3 comments:

Christi said...

that sounds very hard to do, sounds like your boss is being accomodating though, that's great!!

Christi said...

hope you don't mind but I added you to my blog list! :)

Krismisstree said...

So, FYOB time 3 times a day, no matter how annoying will be MUCH less annoying than full-blown bedrest.

I about went nuts and I was only on modified bedrest (aka when I didn't need to go pee, shower, or to Walmart. The necessities :) Or camping--that was dumb) for 3-ish weeks. 6 months (or 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1) will be MISERABLE.

So do your FYOB time...or it will turn into 12 hours a day, not just 3!!!