Thursday, December 23, 2010

Growing up Christmas style...

James and I got to go on a date tonight! It was WONDERFUL!! but we had and interesting discussion. I posed these questions to James. I'll tell you my answers...

1) Did you ever "see" Santa??

2) When did you figure out who "Santa" really is?
*
*
*
*
1) I remember one night when I was smaller, probably about 6 years old, and I woke up in the middle of the night Christmas eve. I all of the sudden heard a key in our front door. I peeked out of my room and saw this small roundish figure walk into our door with a bag. They took some presents out of the bag and put them under the tree then left.

I about fell over. I SAW SANTA!!

A few days later I heard my grandmother talking about how she came over that night and dropped off some presents she had stayed up late to wrap.

Oh, but I could have sworn for a few days that I had seen Santa. I just knew I had. I didn't want to tell anyone either cause I knew they wouldn't believe me. Oh well.


2) I remember when I was probably 8-10 years old I was standing in our backyard and had what James called an "epiphany". I realized who Santa really is and how it all works. I remember that it was a really nice summer day. Don't remember anything else. But it was interesting.


Just thought I would let you guys get a bit of a laugh too!

No comments: