Tuesday, May 18, 2010

9 Months

9 months (and 6 days) ago my precious little miracles came into this world at 10:39, 10:39, and 10:40. As of their 9 month check up yesterday their weights and lengths are:

Alex - 17lbs 9ozs, 27.25 inches
Grant - 17lbs 12ozs , 27.5 inches
Ethan - 14lbs 8ozs, 25.5 inches
They are growing well. Alex and Grant are on the growth chart for their actual age weight wise!! Ethan is still not even close. However, they are all on it for their head size. We have big headed kiddos. Grant's head is in the 50th percentile, Alex's is in the 60th, and Ethan's in the 40th. This is all for ACTUAL age too!

Our pedi wants us to start working on finger foods, sippy cups, and everything that goes along with that. So, I have tried putting some of their purees on their trays to see if they will put their hands in it, and then in their mouths. So far, no luck with that coordination.

Plus, I have tried the Gerber yogurt melts with them. They can't handle the texture. They are all very sensitive to textures, so we'll have to work hard on that. I just don't know what to do.

Alex will "splash" around in his food, but doesn't get that he needs to put those fingers up to his mouth.

Ethan likes to paint! Still no fingers to the mouth though. He likes to put them in his hair though!

Then we have our thumb sucker. You would think it would be fairly easy for him to get this concept. However, Grant does NOT like to have his hands dirty...

So here are some random pictures and videos.

It was a nice evening outside, so before James got home from work, the boys and I hung out on the deck.


Grandma Rigsby came to visit/help take care of the boys while I went to Missouri for my friend Amy's wedding. When I got back, Grandma taught Grant how to purse his lips like a fish!! It is cute.



On another note... I have an announcement to make!! The boys are 9 months old now, and 9 months from now...

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

The boys will be 18 months old! That's all!! Elizabeth got pregnant again when her triplets were 9 months, so I just had to joke!! :) (I hope I didn't give anyone a heart attack!!)

So, update on the mouse. We haven't officially caught it yet, but it is trapped inside our laundry closet right now. We just have to figure out how to catch it once we open it up!

Here are a few pictures from Amy's wedding weekend. She married John. He has a 2.5 yr old son we'll call B. I didn't get any pictures of the actual wedding, but I will get some from one of the other people that were there eventually. I'll post those when I get them, but here are the few I have.

Here is Krissy, Amy and I right before the rehearsal. We all went to highschool together.

Here are the bridesmaids and honorary bridesmaids. All of us, except one and the flowergirl, were from Colorado or Wyoming.
Here is the happy couple, Amy and John!!!! CONGRATS you two!!!
Here is the little family!!! B is so precious and he danced the night away with his dad and Amy.

Here are the centerpeices that John created. They are beautiful. The rose is sunk down into the rocks with a wieght and the candle is just floating above it all.

4 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

the pictures of the boys eating are so cute!

Kara said...

If they aren't getting that the puree needs to go in their mouth, you might try acutal hard food. Puffs or something like that. They might think the puree isn't actual food when it's just dumped on their plate, and it really is hard to pick up! If they have something PHYSICAL to pick up, they'll soon get the concept of eating! Don't stress too much! I still am super sensitive to food texture and I have survived. :)

WAY TO GO on weights! Brecken weighed in at 19 pounds when he turned one, so those weights sound wonderful to me! Yay, boys! (and mama!)

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute!! Cute!!! I'm thinking as soon as those little boys can throw the ball ... you will have one happy dog!! :) How funny to watch Grant try to imitate your mom. So precious. I will be coming to Denver when we fly to Ireland the second week of June. Are you going to be around? I'll call you with the details. Can't wait to see you all .. they are growing so fast!

Love To ALL The FISCHER Family!
Aunt Mimi

Melissa said...

I can't believe they are 9 months!
My daughter, Layla liked the video with the babies and Jett on the porch. She even counted your babies, and yes they were all there!