Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trip to Gillette and new trick

James, the boys, and I went to Gillette this weekend to visit the family, go to my best friends' daughters 1 year birthday party and her shower for her new little one on the way. It was a crazy weekend, but we made it.

The boys didn't really have a great weekend, but they did ok. They were pretty spitty (as in spit-up a lot). Grant got a cold, and didn't sleep through any night we were there. That made for long nights for both Mommy and Daddy. We were tired but we got to see some good friends and family.

Grandpa Rigsby got to hold 3 of his 7 grandkids.


Alex also surprised me this weekend. He sat up on his own for a few seconds. I got video of it after he had been doing it for a few seconds.


The boys also got their last Synagis shot for this RSV season this morning. That threw off their entire day, so today was a bad day too. However, we did get an update on their weights!!

Alex - 15lbs 6.5ozs
Grant - 15lbs 10ozs
Ethan - 12lbs 15.5ozs

Grant and Alex are so close to each other it is basically not even measurable anymore if they have clothes on. Sometimes Alex might be heavier than Grant if he has a full diaper or something!! :) Ethan is so close to the 13lb mark that if he would have taken a bit more for his morning bottle, he would have been over. Oh well.

So, soon I will be on my own with these boys. The in-laws will be leaving to go back to ND in just a few short weeks, after a week long vacation to Phoenix. I am trying to figure out how to still be able to go in to work a couple of times a month. My aunt is coming to visit for a couple of days in April, so I have part of April covered. But, I still have to figure it out regularly.

James and I have thrown out a couple of ideas, but the cost of paying someone to come watch the boys is pretty up there. It would basically wipe out what I would earn in that day. Plus, we don't know if just one person would be able to handle the boys. (James and I can, and we trust some family too, but the boys can seriously be a handful sometimes.) Oh, so who knows. Any ideas and suggestions would be a great help.

We have to say congratulations to two sets of new parents. Our friends Dan and Jessica had their new little one, Ryder, on the 10th. And our friends Kristen and Dave, had their third little one, Libby, on the 13th. Congratulations to all of you on your new additions!!
Well, that is our update for now. I know I get a few people to read this, but if you do, please leave a comment. I would love to know who reads this. Thanks!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

I read your blog!
I love reading about your triplets.
PS. you may know me as cash/zoe.

Kara said...

I do, I do!

Krismisstree said...

I always read it :)

Jami said...

I'm a faithful reader...:)

Elizabeth said...

You will have to decide if the cost of childcare is worth keeping your job. That was our dilema too. If that is the job you want and it is worth it to keep it, then you may have to just exchange your pay for the day away at your job so that someday when the kids are off at school (or whatever) you still have the job you want. We decided for us, I would take the risk of not having a job I want in the future in order to stay home. I would basically have broken even with childcare also. Maybe Andrea has some contacts or idea for you too. You should give her a call since she is a nanny! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jessica,
I love your blog! I check it almost every day. It is such fun watching your boys grow and also seeing your extended family in some
pictures. I hope when we are in Gillette this summer (late July) we
will be able to meet the boys. Thanks for sharing your life with us.
Nancy in California

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
Thank you for the very nice note. I really appreciate it. How did you ever find time to write? I have to tell you that after I check emails I look to see if there is an update on your blog. I love seeing and reading about your boys and their amazing progress, and am hoping to see you all in person when we are in Gillette in the latter part of July.
Love to all,
CA Cousin, Barbara

Unknown said...

Hi Jessica--
You should see if there is another mom you could swap with for work days. I know it would be crazy adding another little one or two, but it's cost effective way to share daycare expenses. Of course you'd have to find a brave mom, but they're out there. I did this a lot with other homeschool moms when I had a bunch of little ones and so did they...not the same as multiples, but still kinda crazy. It was a great way to have some time away.
Just a thought. The boys are looking great.
Keep up the God work.
Lori

Anonymous said...

I read it s.all the time but can never figure out how to leave a comment so we will see if it works this time. I love all the update

Anonymous said...

I love the blog and can't wait to see the updates. Hope I can post this because that is what I can never figure out.
donna

Anonymous said...

I usually write something to you but didn't when I read this one. The boys are getting SO big! That's because they have all of that love and attention! You are doing a great job James and Jessica!! Keep it up!

Love to ALL the Fischers!
Aunt Mimi

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I read your blog from time to time, and always enjoy it! After Bill mentioned that he'd seen you at your staff meeting, I was wondering how you were handling going to work. So now I know it is as I suspected... it is a major challenge! Prayers for figuring out something that works for you. I value your work, so I hope you can find good child care arrangements. I also know the importance of mothering. May you find a balance that nurtures you as well as your boys. Mary Beth