Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Emotional over a bassinet...


So, I took away the bassinet from Ethan yesterday. I think it was harder for me than it was for him. Actually, I am sure it was harder for me than Ethan. He did just fine in his crib for naps and all of last night. He even, almost, slept through the night last night.

There is something special about the bassinet. It was my grandmothers. Every child that has been born since has slept in it (at least once) too. My mom and all her siblings, and all their children, and my sisters kids, and my boys. Ethan has slept in it the longest (since the last 10 years at least). He needed to have that enclosure around him for the longest time. He wouldn't sleep any other way.

Now he was getting to long for it, and we needed to transition him to the crib. I didn't want to do it so soon. That means he is growing up! I was going to just try it for the nap time then let him have it back for night time, but he did so well during his nap, I decided to just go "cold turkey." He didn't seem to mind. Oh well, my babies are growing!!

Here are the other two in the bassinet.
Grant

Alex (the blanket is like it is because we put him in there just for this picture, he wasn't sleeping in it at the time.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too precious!! I am so glad my family is a family where tradition has a special meaning. I'm so lucky to be a part of this family!!! What precious boys!!!

Love to ALL of the Fischers!

Aunt Mimi