Thursday, February 18, 2010

6 month checkup and a new trick!!

The boys went to the doctor today for their 6 month well check. The did really well until the end of the appointment when they had to get their shots. They hate shots. I don't blame them.

Here are their most current stats.
Alex - 14lbs 1.5oz; 25 inches long
Grant - 14lbs 11oz; 25.5 inches long
Ethan - 11lbs 12oz; 23 inches long

Alex and Grant are on the graph for their growth, but Ethan still is not quite there. He is working on getting there, but just not quite there yet. He is still in the less than 0 percentile.

We got the OK to start feeding the boys "solids". So, tomorrow we are going to start them with avacado and see how that goes. They already get rice cereal, but now we will start will veggies and first fruits. Tonight I bought some carrots, acorn squash, and sweet potatos and made baby food for them. I put the pureed foods into icecube trays so we will have individual servings for them. I'm pretty impressed. It only took me about 2 hours to fill 4 icecube trays with the food.

So, the boys learned a new trick today. I was blowing raspberries at them to make them giggle, and they started doing it back!! You just have to watch the video.




So, yesterday, we had to take Ethan into the doctor for another check up/followup. We were playing with him on the table while waiting for the doctor and he ROLLED OVER!!! We got it on video. Check it out here.




Then today, I was taping tummy time, and Alex rolled over. He has been doing this for a while, but I haven't gotten it on video until tonight! Oh, what fun. All the boys can rollover from their tummies to their backs!!




So, here are a few pictures from the past couple of days.
The boys before tummy time tonight.

Alex and Grandpa Fischer

Ethan and Grandma Fischer

Every evening we read to the boys. They love it. Here is Daddy trying out a different position while reading to the boys. They weren't too thrilled to have him laying there with them. They like to see your face while you are reading to them.

Grant

Ethan

Alex

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gracious ... Less than a week since I have seen the boys and they have changed. Looks like Alex's hair is really coming in now! I can't watch the videos on my iPod so I'll have to look at them on the computer later! Miss you all!

Love to ALL the Fischers!
Aunt Mimi

Kara said...

Brecken hasn't been on the percentile chart since he was a tiny baby. In fact, he's so far under it, you run off the paper. I'm not kidding. Poor kid- 3 1/2 years old and only 29 pounds!

CUTE pictures! I love their little facial expressions! :)