Thursday, February 14, 2008

Weight Watchers Update

Well, I have been procrastinating putting my weight watchers stuff back up on here because I gained quite a bit over the Christmas holiday and haven't been able to get it back off.

I am now (as of yesterday morning) at 253. I have given up pop. Really, this time! I haven't had one since Tuesday Feb. 5! I feel like an alcoholic saying that I have been "sober" for a week and 2 days now! :)

Anyway, I was going to try and give up on "white" sugar, but with Valentine's day looming, I just couldn't. The chocolate was just calling my name! So, I am trying to be moderate with the sweets and really not eat too much of them.

As for the exercise, I have started something new. On my days off (not counting weekends) I go to the gym and walk/run on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Usually I burn around 250 calories. Then I do a little bit of weight lifting and then go home. I usually only do that on Mondays and Fridays.

On Tuesday nights, when I am watching "The Biggest Loser" I do an hour of different workouts in front of the TV. For example, this past Tuesday I ran in place for about 30 minutes, then I put two dining room chairs in front of me and did some step aerobics for about 5 minutes. (I about died!) I then did sidesteps for about 10 minutes. I did 30 pushups and then did probably 50 crunches, 20 side crunches (on each side), and then did some stretches. Then I did 30 minutes of "Shimmy."

Ok, so "Shimmy" is a really cool show on the Fit TV channel. It is a belly-dancing workout. I really like it. It isn't too hard, and it really is working my belly. It is getting flatter and fitter. Obviously not too much cause well, it's still there! :) But I really like doing the Shimmy workout. I try to do that on the weekends, but if James and I are doing other things around the house I don't usually get to. But thats ok, at least I am up moving around.

Well, I think that is all for now. I will try to keep up dating from now on.

No comments: