Friday, September 7, 2012

my last 5 minutes

Some of you may have read the "you know you are a mother when you do this..." and it starts out listing the things the mother does all while trying to actually only do 1 thing. I had one of those moments today! Here it is...

I noticed my coffee cup was getting low "oh, I should go get some more coffee." I set the cup down on the counter and notice some trash. "I should throw that away." I throw the trash and see a cup that needs rinsed out. I rinse the cup and notice more dishes on the table. Grab those and remember that there is a cup in the boys' room. I go to the room and notice a blanket that I lay out on the floor for them to play on (train blanket). I grab all the hangers that are strewn around the room and bring them to the basket in the living room. I see their pajamas laying on the floor and put them in the corner for later tonight. I turn around and grab their diapers and wipes and put them away. I see their blankets that should be on their beds and pick them up taking them back to their room. I notice the cup that I forgot to grab earlier. I carry it to the kitchen where I notice the dishwasher door is open. As I close it I see a truck under the door. I deliver the truck to toy pile in the living room and straighten the pile, as I grab more hangers and toss them into the laundry basket. I see James's shirt hanging and realize it needs to go downstairs. I toss it downstairs and pick up the other random blankets all over the floor. I smell something, so I change E's diaper. I take the diaper out to the garbage and head back to the kitchen to wash my hands. I turn around and notice my coffee cup! "Oh, yeah! I was going to make another cup of coffee!" I start thinking about all I just did and realize I should write it down. I had over to the computer and realize I didn't make my cup of coffee! I turn around, get my coffee, and sit down to recall my last 5 minutes!

It makes my day a lot longer when I have memory issues like this! :) 

I am trying to get the house a bit clean because Alex and Ethan's teachers are coming in about 45 minutes to do the "home visit" we were supposed to do before school, but couldn't get scheduled. So it makes me a bit flustered and busy. Otherwise, the boys are doing well this morning. It is chilly outside so we have the windows open instead of the AC on. I like getting the fresh fall air.

No comments: