Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Finally!!!!!!

GREAT NEWS!!!

Alex and Grant are coming home on 11-11-09!!!!!! TOMORROW!!!!
They are eating well and growing so there is nothing more for the NICU to do!!

Ethan will be a little farther behind. He has to have surgery tomorrow, but as long as he comes through that well, he should be coming home around the weekend or beginning of next week. Please pray that he goes through the surgery easily and heals quickly.

This past week and a half have been quite the roller-coaster ride. Monday of last week they took the feeding tubes out of all three of the boys. That was quite the emotional thing for me. I was scared they were going to starve but I trusted they would figure it out. It took a while longer than we expected and a couple of formula changes, but they are eating really well now. They finally "got it" this past weekend and really progessed fast.

They are now on Enfamil AR formula with a couple of added calories. Every ounce is 24 calories. It seems to be staying down a lot better. They are not having the projectile spit-ups that are painful for them. It is good. They aren't on any breastmilk, but hopefully we'll figure out how to get them back onto that soon. They will eventually grow out of the reflux, it might just take a while.

We took their carseats in for them to do their carseat test, and they all passed with flying colors! They all look so cute in their seats. My aunt and uncle in NM sent us some blankets embroidered with their names on them. They will be the boys' primary carseat blankets. They are cute!!

Grant


Ethan


Alex


Ethan is our TALKER. He loves to talk. We found out he even talks in his sleep. Oh, life is going to be fun with him. Check this video out of him in his carseat.


Last night, James and I stayed at the hospital with the boys. We did a stay-in with them. We got our own little room and the boys were moved in there with us. We got to take care of them all on our own. I am so tired from that. I tried to let James sleep as much as possible, but I had to get him up a few times. We theoretically could do all of this on our own when the boys get home, but I would prefer to be able to enjoy my boys and not be tired all the time.

So, if you feel the notion, we would love to have you come and help us with them. Just give me a call before you head this ways so we know you are on your way!! I can't wait for everyone to meet my babies! FINALLY!!!

7 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Praise the Lord!!! We are so happy for you. That will be wonderful to FINALLY have your boys at home! I am looking forward to the home pictures. Yay no more NICU!!! Congratulations on this big milestone!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I would hop in my car and drive there tomorrow except that it is musical production week and we have shows! ;( I'll be there before long so I can cuddle those babies up and give you a break! Happy, Happy Day!

Love to All the Fischers!
Aunt Mimi

Elizabeth said...

Wish we could be there to help you and to finally meet the boys. Congrats. Sleep in tomorrow. It will be the last time for a LONG time. :D

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! That is so exciting, it will be hard to leave Ethan behind, but just know that he will be soon to follow!!!! So excited for you! And I love the car seat pictures Alex and Grant both look ticked, but Ethan is just chillin! We will say prayers for Ethan to make it home by this weekend so they can all be together again. Sending you our love, The Soesbe Clan

Susan Lyons said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you are both elated and afraid at the same time! I'll be praying for you all and may even ask if I can come help sometime.

The Holzwarth's said...

Yay! Congrats! So happy for you! I can only imagine how excited you were today to have 2 babies home. Can't wait until Ethan gets to join his brothers. Praying tonight goes very smoothly!

Unknown said...

Jessica and James we are so thrilled for you all! We have kept our little blue paper clips in several places to remind us to keep praying and we will continue! God is so good! We hope to meet those babies soon! God Bless! :)
Beth Faubion and Family