Monday, July 12, 2010

James's Sarcasm

Usually I'm pretty good about just ignoring people's comments about the boys and briefly answering what seems like the dumbest questions I've ever heard. Lately I've been a little sarcastic with some people.

Sunday we spent the day out with the boys. We left the house about 9:30 and didn't get home until 5:30 that evening. Along the way we stopped at the Pearl Street Mall in Bolder. It's an outdoor mall where they've shut down the street so you can walk through. There are a lot of trees and places to sit and hang out. As usual there were several pan handlers doing various tricks and playing music. We had the boys in the stroller and we were sitting down eating our ice cream from Ben & Jerry's (delicious). About 5 feet from us was a magician doing tricks for a small group of people. Within a few minutes we were surrounded by 6 or so people gawking and asking questions. I looked at Jess and told her I should have brought my hat with a sign reading "college fund" for people to drop money into. Unfortunately we didn't have any takers with my comment. Maybe we'll try the hat sometime.

And again today. A little back story. The boys have a bank account with a debit card. To keep me from getting confused with all the cards in my wallet I have a picture of the boys on the card. I stopped by the bank today to deposit some money in their account. I didn't have the account number with me so I gave the teller the debit card and told him it was the account associated with that card. The proceeding conversation and the look on his face was priceless.

Teller: "How was your weekend?"
James: "Good, yours?"
Teller: "Did you have fun hanging out with your boys?" (While looking at the card)
James: "Oh no, those aren't my kids. I just found the picture online and thought it was cool."

The look on the teller's face was priceless. He didn't know what to do but to look at me with this look of utter disbelief on his face. I finally couldn't help myself and began to laugh to which he finally caught on to my joke.

I guess when you become a circus sideshow when in public you have to learn to laugh and make jokes otherwise the public attention will drive you crazy.

- James

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lmao oh that is awesome!
~sam