Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pics & Weights

Patience Please!!!

Jess and I have decided that we will only do night time cares every other night to allow us to rest so that we don't get ourselves exhausted and possibly sick. Tonight was our night off so I stopped by on my way home from work and spent about an hour with the boys and got the opportunity to hold Grant for a little while.

Since we didn't go to night time cares I JUST got off the phone with the two nurses caring for them tonight and here's what they said...

Overall everyone has had a very good couple of days and nights.

Ethan is doing very well. He's down to 27% on his oxygen concentration. He's also up on his weight to 2 lbs 9 1/2 ozs.

Alex is also doing very well. He hasn't had an oxygen desat since earlier in the day. Even when he had that one he only dropped mildly and recovered on his own. The nurses had an admitance flown in via Life Flight Denver so she hadn't gotten his weight done yet. Last night he was at 3 lbs 7 1/2 ozs so hopefully he's up a little tonight.

Grant had to get another IV put in. Poor boy can't keep an IV in more than a day or two. I guess it was a difficult process and then ended up putting it in his head again. He weighed in tonight at 3 lbs 14 1/2 ozs. Almost 4 lbs!!! Keep it up little man!!!

Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers. Mimi has been handing out blue paper clips to her everyone she knows asking them to put it somewhere they see it often and say a little prayer everytime they see it. I think she's given away over 60 clips so far!

Here are a few pics for you...


Alex and Dad


Ethan


Grant being held by Mom

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so proud of you guys. I know that it must be hard to not spend every waking moment at the hospital, but you are taking the healthy approach and taking care of yourselves. You won't be any good for the boys if you are exhausted and stressed all the time! Way to be great parents!

Kenzie said...

If the admit was the woman who was flown in from Cheyenne with preeclempsia and other problems it's one of my friends from college! Her mom was my mentor teacher while I student taught, too. I think she said she was 30 weeks along and that her little guy was doing okay. Say hi for me if it is her!

Glad that all are doing well. I haven't seen Marie to get a blue paper clip but I am still praying hard!