Monday, November 17, 2008

A savings of about $130 bucks!!!!

So, I teach piano lessons to two little girls. One of them is getting pretty far in a book and the book starts her on the pedals of the piano. The problem is, she is about 8 inches too short!

So, I looked and looked to see if i could find a pedal extender. Here is a couple of the ones I found. (Foot Pedal Stool) (Foot Pedal Stool) (Pedal Extentions).

So, the stools are about $120-$150 or the extentions are $75. I looked at them and thought "I can do something like that on my own... so... here is what I made.



I know!! Really really primative... but it works... Really it does! I am going to put a shoe box sized box under it so her foot has something to rest on.
I thought it was fun making it. Fairly easy too. a 2x2 cut about 8 inches. A 1x2 cut and sanded to the shape of a pedal. then a noch cut in the 2x2 for the clamps. I drilled some holes in the 2x2 and the back of the pedal and glued dowels into the back of the pedal and glued that into the 2x2. It is all glued together and works like a charm!!! :)

1 comment:

Teri said...

Well aren't you a crafty lady! :)